Welcome! We're looking for Boise-based musicians—bands, duos, and solo artists—to help us build our newest collection, Half-Gig Audio. It’ll be entirely digital, and we’ll make it available for streaming to listeners in Boise and beyond. You can submit full albums and individual songs, as well as cover art, bios, and other supporting material. We'll launch the collection in January 2019 and continue to add content as we receive it.
Check out our FAQ list below for more info. If you're ready to upload your files, click on the blue "submit your digital content" button.
Submitting digital content to Half-Gig Audio
The submission process is free and takes about 10 minutes. You're welcome to submit as many pieces of digital content as you'd like. Please make sure your content is:
- Local and
Our mission is to introduce listeners to work by musicians living in Boise and the surrounding areas. We’re only able to accept original work to which you own the rights.
What file formats do you accept?
- Audio files in MP3
- Images in JPEG
- Short-form content documents (for band info, musician bios, artist statements, etc.) in PDF.
What kind of music are you looking for?
We want our collection to represent the diversity and richness of Boise's music scene. That means we’re looking for original contributions from amateurs, professionals, and everyone in between. We welcome all styles and genres from musicians of all ages.
What's in it for me?
By contributing to Half-Gig Audio, you'll get to:
- Connect with new audiences.
- Share your website, discography, and calendar of events with listeners.
- Enter to participate in Featured Artist segments on the Library’s social media platforms.
What's in the license agreement?
The license agreement is a legal document that defines the rights you're giving Boise Public Library. In simplified terms, it says:
- This is a non-exclusive agreement. You'll continue to own all the rights to the content, which means you're free to share or sell it elsewhere.
- If you choose to share or sell your music under an exclusive agreement, just let us know – we'll be happy to remove it from our site.
- Listeners will be able to stream your music, but they won't be able to download or share it.
- You'll need to confirm that you have the right to license all the content you're submitting, including any accompanying images (like cover art) or text.
I'd like more info about the collection, and I might need help submitting my files. Is there someone I can talk to?
Absolutely! Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to answer your questions.